So you’re pregnant and excited about breastfeeding your baby. You know that it’s the best food for your child and it comes with a lot of benefits. But… what if things don’t go as planned? Do you have any idea how challenging this journey could be?
Trying to get your little one to latch can be painful, especially if your breasts feel tender, raw, and even bruised in some spots. Going through all these must be so difficult, but don’t worry, you won’t have to go through this alone. Lactation Consultant is here to help!
You see, there are many new moms who have problems during the early days of breastfeeding their babies and not everyone can make an instant appointment with a healthcare specialist. But fret not because we have the solution for you – a virtual lactating consultant!
What is a Virtual Lactation Consultant?
A virtual lactation consultant (VLC) is a breastfeeding expert who helps other breastfeeding moms – they’re basically a lactation consultant (LC) but offers assistance virtually. A virtual lactation consultant is an online breastfeeding consultant that’s available 24/7 and can be accessed in the comforts of your home. If you’re a breastfeeding mother with breastfeeding concerns, a VLC can help you. Many healthcare providers and lactation consultants have long wait times due to their high demand and constant demand. If you need immediate help, you can’t really wait for someone to give you advice. Thankfully, there are VLCs online who are willing to help you. All you have to do is access their website and get started!
How Does it Work?
A virtual lactation consultant is a service where a breastfeeding expert interacts with you in real-time by chatting with you on a platform such as Skype, Zoom, or Phone. The VLC can help you with breastfeeding concerns such as latch issues, pain, low milk production, and any other breastfeeding problems you might be experiencing.
The VLC will ask you questions regarding your breastfeeding experience. You will be asked about the type of pain you’re experiencing, how long it’s been going on, and what you have done to alleviate the pain. Once you’ve answered the questions, the VLC will provide you with a solution. The VLC will help you determine what the underlying cause of your pain. You may have to solve latch issues, or your breasts might be too full and need to be expressed. The VLC will help you solve all these problems and much more.
Steps to Find Your Lactation Consultant
Finding the right LC or VLC is important because it will help you solve your breastfeeding issues. There are a few steps you need to take in order to find the best VLC for you.
Narrow Down Your Choices – In order to find the best VLC for you, you have to know what you’re looking for. You have to know what questions to ask a VLC and what type of VLC suits your needs the best.
- What Type of VLC are You Looking For?- You have to know what type of VLC you’re looking for. Are you looking for a VLC who specializes in latch issues? Or do you want a VLC who can help you solve low milk production? Once you know what you’re looking for, it will be easier for you to narrow down your choices.
- What Questions to Ask a VLC- You should know what questions to ask a VLC before you even begin your search for one. This will make it easier for you to select the best VLC for you. Here are some questions you should ask a VLC before you hire them.
- How much does the VLC charge?
- What is the VLCs availability?
- What type of clients does the VLC work with?
- What is the VLCs method of communication?
- How long has the VLC been in business?
- What is the VLCs reputation like?
- What other services does the VLC offer?
Important Tips for Using the Virtual Lactation Consultant Tool
- Select a VLC who specializes in breastfeeding – When you’re choosing a VLC, make sure they specialize in breastfeeding. This is essential because they have the right experience to help you out.
- Pick a VLC who is close to your location – Having a VLC who lives close to you is ideal because you won’t have to travel to their location. This will save you time and money.
- Make Sure The VLC Is Licensed – Make sure the VLC you select is licensed. This is important because it shows that the VLC has the necessary credentials to help you out. – Select a VLC Who Has a Good Reputation – A VLC who has a good reputation will help you solve your breastfeeding issues. You can check out the VLCs reviews and ratings to determine if they have a good reputation or not. – Find a VLC who is available 24/7 – You don’t want to find a VLC who is only available during certain times because breastfeeding problems can occur at any time.
Breastfeeding is a natural process and can be very rewarding, but it can also be very challenging when you are experiencing pain or struggling with finding the proper latch. If you’re experiencing any of these breastfeeding problems, then you need to find a virtual lactation consultant. A virtual lactation consultant is a breastfeeding expert who can help you with any breastfeeding issues you might be struggling with.